What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a medical-grade exfoliation that eliminates dead skin cells and vellus hair(peach fuzz) from the surface of the skin. It is an effective, safe, and painless procedure delivering instant results-removing approximately 2-3 weeks’worth of dead skin cells.
Dermaplaning is performed using a 10-gauge scalpel at a 45-degree angle to prevent nicking and is suitable towards all skin types unless they contain contraindications. For thicker skin, dermaplaning can also be combined with a light peel (salicylic acid, lactic acid, or glycolic acid). When a peel is combined with dermaplaning it will reduce the effects of post-inflammatory pigmentation (PlH), lentigines (age spots), and clogged pores. Avoid incorporating a peel with dermaplaning for thin skin as this may cause trauma.
- Removes vellus hair which traps oils and dirt leading to clogged pores.
- Eliminates dead skin cells
- Softens skin
- Smoother complexion (make-up will sit nicely on the surface of the skin).
- Reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation (PIH and lentigines).
- Enables better product penetration.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines.
Contact Westend Laser Clinic in Ottawa today to book your consultation or appointment at 613-727-2620